Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
B Corporation Pitch Competition and Workshop
Friday, February 15, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM (PST)
B Corporation Pitch Competition
With a FREE Workshop
Are you an early-stage social enterprise or sustainable business looking for seed funding and knowledge about how to raise capital? Register today for the opportunity to attend the B Corporation Pitch Competition in front of our live panel of impact investor judges!
You'll also gain FREE attendance to a two-hour workshop on how to Structure, Fund, and Market B Corporations taught by the experts at B Revolution Consulting.
B Revolution Capital, the world's first accredited investor network providing early-stage capital to B Corporations, and Pepperdine University Waves of Service are co-hosting the competition and will select the top 15 applicants to pitch on February 15th, 2013!
Date: February 15th, 2013
Time: 1:00pm - 5:30pm
Location: Pepperdine University, Malibu CA
Register to Attend:
The competition event on February 15th, 2013 is free to attend, but you must register using this eventbrite. Finalists selected to pitch at the event will register separately for $50 per company.
1:00pm-3:00pm: B Corp Workshop- Structure, Fund & Market Your B Corp
3:00pm-4:00pm: 15 finalists pitch live in front of a panel of judges
4:00pm-5:00pm: Networking Event with snacks and refreshments
5:00pm-5:30pm: Pitch Competition winners announced
Legal Structure for Social Enterprise
- For-profit or non-profit? Hybrid or joint venture?
- Benefit corporation? L3C? Flexible Purpose Corporation?
- Corporate governance for mission-driven enterprises
- How to manage your board of directory
Early-Stage Finance for Social Enterprise
- Early-stage capital and the impact investing trend
- Business planning and financial modeling
- How to locate and pitch to an impact investor
- Term negotiation
Marketing and Strategy for Social Enterprise
- B Corporation certification process and optimization
- Branding for B Corporations
- Developing a marketing strategy for sustainable business
- Optimizing your value chain for customer, employee, and community relationship management
Benefits of the Workshop:
How to Structure Your Social Enterprise
- Intensive 30 min workshop to help you understand the legal implications of business model selection, and the available legal structures for social enterprise business models
- Go home with a thorough understanding of the legal issues facing your social enterprise
How to Finance Your Social Enterprise
- Intensive 30 min workshop to let you gain expert input on the market research, financial modeling, and capital needs of your social venture
- Understand the early-stage impact capital landscape and what it takes to raise capital for your social enterprise
B Corporation Competitive Strategy
- In this 30 min workshop, Professor Bikel will walk participants through B Revolution’s proprietary value chain optimization process, helping you identify new market opportunities and internal efficiencies
- Understand the B Corporation certification process and how you can use it to brand and find new market opportunities for your social enterprise
Prizes for the February 15th Pitch Competition:
- $1,000 cash + B Corp Certification Assistance from B Revolution+ Automatically entered to pitch as a Finalist in the CROWDIMPACT Competition hosted by Crowdfunder in April (see details below)*
- B Corp Certification Assistance & Pitch Assistance from B Revolution
- B Corp Assistance from B Revolution
Besides the chance at a great prizes and exposure to some of the most active impact angels and investment funds in the country, you’re getting to join CROWDIMPACT weeks before the larger crowd, and establishing your edge early on.
You can pre-register to CROWDIMPACT today. To get started just follow these three easy steps:
(1)Join the Social Enterprise Community on Crowdfunder
(2)Create your personal profile -- After joining the Social Enterprise Community you'll be directed to sign up and create your profile.
(3)Create your company profile --Once you have your personal profile, you'll be able to create your company profile
Note:You are not required to run a crowdfunding campaign in order to be eligible, although Crowdfunder will deliver a 30-minute workshop on the benefits of running a campaign and how to do so at the Feb 15 event.
When & Where
B Revolution Capital
B Revolution Capital sources and screens the top early-stage B Corporation ventures and builds the B Revolution by working with investors to support and mentor startup B Corps through angel investments. B Revolution Capital is a Los Angeles, CA-based national accredited investor network providing early-stage capital to B Corporations. B Revolution Capital investors are accredited angel investors seeking opportunities to invest in early-stage or startup companies that create positive social and environmental impacts. B Revolution Capital target ventures are benefit corporations and/or businesses that have achieved or are actively seeking B Corporation certification. (What's the difference?)
For more info, visit www.brevolutioncapital.com